Proverb

A woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates." (Proverbs 31:30b-31, NASV)

Monday, December 16, 2013

Make Room

Do we make room for Jesus? Or are we like the innkeeper in Bethlehem, telling Mary and Joseph there's no room at the inn (Luke 2:7)? Are our houses so cluttered with "stuff" that we have no room to invite Him in, much less offer Him a place to stay? Are our schedules so full with work, housework, and other responsibilities that we don't make time for prayer and Bible study? Are our hearts so cluttered with worldly longings and occupations with other people that we push Him out? I admit I am guilty of all of these things at times. And it's on those days, when I haven't made room for Jesus, that the hours hit hardest and life seems dark. Jesus bore the cross so that He could prepare a place for us in His Father's house (John 14:1-6), shouldn't we likewise make room for Him when He's done so much for us? 


"'Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if not, I would have told you. I am going away to prepare a place for you. If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also. You know the way where I am going.' 
'Lord,' Thomas said, 'we don't know where You're going. How can we know the way?'
Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'" (John 14:1-6 HCSB)
And what a wonderful Life He has to offer if only we give Him the room to make it happen!

"Make Room" was the theme of the program at the Ladies Christmas Tea this year, and ever since I have been thinking about what needs to be done and what needs to change so that Jesus always has room. I have begun to pinpoint a few areas of my life, and I know that with God I can overcome so that I may become a better follower of Him. For He is what really matters most. 

Always,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment