Proverb

A woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates." (Proverbs 31:30b-31, NASV)

Monday, September 16, 2013

Granny Squares and Parties



I love going to the yarn store, shopping the rows of rainbow skeins, and picking out the ones that just "grab" me, the ones that say "helllooo there," the ones that practically jump into my shopping basket, excited for the task of being wrapped around my fingers until they are stitched and looped and formed into something just lovely. Last trip, it was the Carrot in my husband's "Fall" scarf. This week, it was the Grey Heather that grabbed my attention; I paired it with Cornmeal Yellow and Burgundy, a wonderfully masculine color combination that works well with the otherwise traditionally feminine crochet pattern.

For any of you who crochet or knit, how do you put your color choices together?

Along with my latest crochet project, in the course of one week I have suddenly found myself hosting and decorating a few upcoming events! First, I am helping our cousin host my sister-in-law's bachelorette/lingerie shower in late October. I've got some work to do to pick a location, buy decorations, and bake the evening's dessert (I already have a super fun idea that I am excited to try to pull off - more details about that later). Also, my GM at work has asked me to decorate the hotel for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas; he's given me a budget and full license to choose what I think the guests would enjoy for the holidays in both the lobby area and in the dining room during breakfast. And finally, I am hosting a table at our church's annual Ladies Christmas Tea! There will be dinner, dessert, a speaker, and lots of Christmas decorations to go around. This is my first table to decorate since our wedding in 2012, and I can hardly wait to put it together (I see a woodland Christmas in my future). It has been some time since I've been involved in party planning, and I am looking forward to getting the creative juices flowing to create a fun time of fellowship for our family and friends.

Always,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment