Proverb

A woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates." (Proverbs 31:30b-31, NASV)

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Happy Christmas Eve!

Joy and good tidings! Christmas is tomorrow!

Isn't this nativity scene cute? It's a throwback to the vintage wooden Christmas figure ornaments that I remember from my parents' tree, and I just love it.

I'm glad to say that all of the Christmas cards went out in the mail yesterday (hopefully some local addresses were delivered today??). They're a little late, I know, but things have been so busy these past several weeks with helping our great-grandmother, who's ninety-seven, move into her new apartment and working every day that I'm just happy I found time to write them this year. I love Christmas cards and sending them out is a tradition I try to keep up. This year the card theme could be called "in-the-nick-of-time mishmash;" after digging through the Christmas bins in the garage, I managed to pull out what I could find, which resulted in three very different card designs - classic Christmas stockings, turtledoves, and Japanese winter scenes - making it out to family and friends. Oh well! Just wait for next year! And besides, the scripture written inside is the best part anyway (Isaiah 9:6-7).

Speaking of Christmas cards, I received a letter in the mail from the Women's Ministry at church, and I wanted to share it with you:

Dear Friend,
We just want to say how great it was to see you at Silverdale Baptist Church's 2013 Candlelight Christmas Tea. This event would not have been the same without you. Meeting new people and smiling faces has always been one of our favorite things about the Tea. 
So, have you thought about Making Room for Christ in your life? If you have given your life to Christ, then consider if you have allowed the world's demands to squeeze Him out. Of course, we know that once we have become a follower of Christ, we can't lose our salvation. However, we can drift into living daily with little or no thought of Him! It happens quietly. The world gets louder and all of a sudden, we don't hear God anymore. He WANTS to give us direction, comfort, wisdom, and hope. Once we realize our hearts and minds are full of the clutter of this world, we simply need to intentionally turn our focus back onto the only One worthy of our focus. The One who died on our behalf, paying the penalty for our sin, Jesus Christ. It is a weighty thing! 
Plant yourself in a church where you can grow and serve. From today forward, make up your mind to allow God the room to move in your heart.
Merry Christmas,
Silverdale Women's Ministry 
"Christ came that you might have life abundantly!"
John 10:10

Isn't that just a lovely letter?

Tonight, the church will hold their annual candlelight service, which is always one of my favorite times of the year, because we get to sing Christmas carols and hear the nativity story. I remember my first Christmas as a new believer a couple of years ago and just how different it was. What used to be just a day to see what presents I got under the tree, to eat and watch R-rated movies (basically a day all about me) was transformed into a day of celebration because our "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6) was born to save!

Merry Christmas one and all! I hope it's fantastic!

Always,
Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimberly. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you health and happiness for the New Year!
    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete