Proverb

A woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates." (Proverbs 31:30b-31, NASV)

Monday, January 6, 2014

A Frosty New Year

I hope that everyone has had a good start to the New Year thus far! Over here at the Meyers' we are in the middle of major changes, so please bear with me as I may be a little light on posts the next couple of weeks. We are in the process of moving out of our apartment and into the lovely house that my husband's great-grandmother used to live in. So 2014 for us has pretty much started at a run - there's just so much to do! And I admit I have been a bit overwhelmed with the idea of moving again. Upon reflection, I realized that over the past 10 years my belongings and I have moved 9 times, and three of those moves were across the country. And now, in the middle of all this, temperatures here in the U.S. are reaching record level lows in what's being called a "polar vortex." Southern states, like Tennessee, are seeing single digit lows, which hasn't happened in over a decade. Alas, there's a lot going on. Despite the challenges, I can't help but be amazed at just how very blessed we are to move into this new home; it's the most square footage we've ever lived in together, there's a yard for Fiona, space to grow herbs, fruits, and vegetables, a garage for a workshop and craft room, and a beautiful atrium for a new flower garden. I am currently reading The Urban Homestead by Kelly Coyne and Erik Knutzen, imagining all of the things we can do with this property, and I admit I am very excited. One of my goals for 2014 is to try my hand at canning and wouldn't it be neat for the produce to come from our own garden? 

I'm really looking forward to seeing what 2014 brings, excited to settle our new home and start a homesteading venture with the love of my life, and Lord willing it will be a year of growing, production, and productivity.
 
Always,
Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment