Proverb

A woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates." (Proverbs 31:30b-31, NASV)

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Kimby!

26 is going to be a rocking good year!! There are many wonderful things to look forward to, including marrying the love of my life. The Lord's blessings are so great. =)
My birthday started right at midnight when I answered my phone to my momma singing "Happy Birthday To You" in her deepest, grandest, vibrato-est voice! For years she has done this, and it always makes me smile. Some traditions are just wonderful.
James then surprised me in the morning with a fruit pie (one of my favorites!) and this festive fall bouquet of crimson daisies, orange-red roses, accented with multicolored chili peppers all inside a pumpkin vase. Isn't it gorgeous?
And keeping up with tradition, for the past three years in Los Angeles we have gone out together for a grand Korean feast, and this year was no different! We hit up Genwa Korean BBQ on Wilshire and it was, quite simply, DELICIOUS.  30+ banchans (or side dishes) with fresh bulgogi and galbi fire cooked on the grill right in the center of the table. Pure yum! The servers were so nice, and they even gave me a couple of fancy lollipops, special for my birthday. It was a truly wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment