Proverb

A woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates." (Proverbs 31:30b-31, NASV)

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Waldorf Salad


My husband recently took on a new job that doesn't offer a microwave for employee use, so I have found myself facing the challenge of coming up with delicious dinners that can be eaten cold. This has been a bit of a challenge for me, as I am personally a huge fan of warm, toasty, melty, hot things. But since I can hardly let myself send him off to work with a cold turkey sandwich every night, (nope, I just can't do it), I am setting for myself the goal of coming up with a handful of good, "cold" recipes that are so delicious that they still "warm" the stomach, if that makes any sense.

My recent success, which I have now made several times, has been the Waldorf Salad. A delectable dish, made up of tangy grapes, sweet apples, crisp celery, and buttery walnuts atop a bed of fresh romaine lettuce, it is simple to prepare and travels easily in tupperware - and best of all it only requires a fork and taste buds to enjoy!


As always, this recipe is tried and true from my kitchen to yours.
Kimberly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waldorf Salad Serving Size: 4 servings
Recipe by: Kimberly Meyers
As always, this recipe is tried and true from my kitchen to yours.
(The Printable)


Ingredients:
2 stalks celery, diced
1 small Gala apple, unpeeled & diced
1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (or any nut you have on hand would do)
1/2 to 3/4 cup regular mayonnaise
1/8 cup sugar
Salt and black pepper to taste
A few drops of lemon juice
Romaine lettuce leaves


Directions:

Combine celery, apple, grapes, and half of the walnuts in a medium bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, salt and black pepper to taste. Once thoroughly combined, spoon mixture onto bed of Romaine lettuce. Add remainder of walnuts to top, and sprinkle with black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment